Future Telecom Leaders Contest
How Canada can become a recognized global leader in telecom in the next 10 years?
Answer in one of the following formats:
- a 250-3,000 written essay; (in WORD software format; attached to your email cover letter)
- a 1-5 minute (audio+video) or audio submission including a minimum of 500 spoken words; (eg. YouTube or podcast)
- a digital art submission accompanied by a minimum of 500 words.
- The application form must accompany your submission (see below)
Please note: all music and visuals must be copyright free.
All winners will be entitled to:
- A ticket and priority seating to the 2012 Telecom Laureate Awards gala dinner and induction ceremonies in Ottawa in
- October 2012.
- Paid accommodations (flight and hotel) to Ottawa for the Awards gala.
- Recognition on Canada’s Telecommunications Hall of Fame's website.
- Recognition in a press release distributed across Canada.
- Meetings with senior executives from a recognized telecommunications company and a tour of the company.
The winning contest entries will receive:
- a Telecom Hall of Fame SCHOLARSHIP worth $1,000 each from Canada’s Telecommunications Hall of Fame .
- Additional recognition
Eligible applicants must:
- be a Canadian citizen or resident
- be between 18 and 35 years old
- be enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary educational program
Submissions will be judged for:
- Critical thinking
- Innovative ideas
- General understanding and interest in telecommunications technology
There will be 2 winners selected by Canada’s Telecommunications Hall of Fame
To the greatest extent possible regional representation will be respected
- All submissions should be provided in an electronic file format by email to the following address: email@example.com
- All submissions should include in the subject line: SUBMISSION TO FUTURE TELECOM LEADERS CONTEST
- All submissions must be accompanied by the Future Telecom Leaders Contest Application Form (see dowloadable application form on this site)
- Either PC or MAC formats are acceptable.
- Please specify type of software used in the body of the email.
- Please specify the URL of any audio/visual/audio visual submissions, and include a link to Canada’s Telecommunications Hall of Fame website www.telecomhall.ca
- If submitting an audio-visual file, notify firstname.lastname@example.org of your submission following the criteria above (subject line, application form, URL)
All submissions are due no later than midnight September 30, 2012
If you have any questions regarding the contest or submissions, please contact Canada’s Telecommunications Hall of Fame at email@example.com.